United States of America
Cary is diversely accomplished in multiple fields. As a researcher and scientific practitioner, she helped the US military adapt to the new (post 9/11) nature of warfare. As a consultant, she designed systems and programs to support some of the world’s most influential organizations. Cary has served on faculty at The George Washington University, George Mason University, and the United States Naval Academy. She has conducted applied research with organizations such as The Center for Creative Leadership, the U.S. Air Command & Staff College and the Army Research Institute. Cary holds a Ph.D. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology (George Mason University) and a Certificate in Leadership Coaching (Georgetown University). She is an ICF Professional Certified Coach with nearly 2000 hours of leadership coaching experience and a Certified Master Facilitator with thousands of hours of facilitation experience. She is regularly called upon to facilitate senior leadership meetings and to speak at leadership conventions on topics such as leading change, employee engagement, adaptability, and emotional intelligence. She is the author of The Coaching Companion: Get the Most from Your Coaching Experience as well as (forthcoming) Leverage Your Leader-Coach. Cary is herself an entrepreneur and community leader, founding a national non-profit and serving as its Executive Director, and currently, President. As a passionate learner, Cary enjoys reading and writing, particularly during the solitude of long flights. Her greatest joy is spending time with her husband, son, and extended family.
- Increase social and emotional skills
- Strengthen communications and relationships
- Stop reacting and start being mindful
- Stay calm and composed in the most tumultuous and straining of environments
- Influence resistant team members and other stakeholders
- Build bridges across corporate divides
- Push the boundaries of innovation
- PayPal Inc.
- Luminar Technologies
- eBay Inc.
- Novavax Inc.
- SRAM Corporation
- World Bicycle Relief
- Expeditors, Inc.
- National Science Foundation
- National Nuclear Security Administration
- Department of Defense
- Smithsonian Institution
- Department of Homeland Security
- Georgetown University
- Fairfax County
- GRID Alternatives
CERTIFICATIONS & AFFILIATIONS - International Coach Federation (PCC)
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace Certificate
- Leadership Agility 360
- The Leadership Circle Profile
- Predictive Index
- Emotional & Social Competence Inventory
- Enneagram, DiSC & MBTI Personality Frameworks
- Center for Creative Leadership Assessment Suite
- Conflict Dynamics Profile
- Team Dialogue Indicator
- Leader Network Diagnostic